Terms and Conditions
- The following words/expressions have the respective meanings assigned to them: “App” or “TFC” or “The Fitness Chef ” means The Fitness Chef App
- “Conditions” or “terms” means the terms and conditions outlined in this document including updated or variations to these terms and conditions made by The Fitness Chef
- “Customer” or “you” means any person, organisation to whom The Fitness Chef sells its product. “Party” refers to any customer and The Fitness Chef
- “Intellectual property” or “our” means any copyright, trademark, app design, digital design, digital product, merchandise, online content belonging to The Fitness Chef
- “Order” or “purchase” or “free trial” means an order placed by the customer for products delivered by The Fitness Chef
- “Product” refers to any item sold to the customer through an order, including apps, digital downloads, merchandise and online content
- “Payment method” refers to the means by which you purchase or order The Fitness Chef products
- The Fitness Chef is a website you can purchase TFC products from
- All orders and purchases are subject to the following terms and conditions. Review of these terms and conditions is advisable before make any purchase of a TFC product.
- By purchasing a TFC product you must be 18 years old or have permission from a parent or guardian to purchase TFC products
- By purchasing, ordering, browsing or using and TFC product you acknowledge you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- To place an order or purchase you are required to create an account on the app
- Information entered by you in the account creation process must be true and correct.
- Accounts created are intended for named individuals and cannot be transferred or ‘sold’ to another person, company or organisation.
- Customers should not disclose account information to any third party, including passwords and personal information
- You must update personal information to reflect your current name, email address and payment method
- Subscriptions to the app or TFC products will continue until terminated by you. Subscription charges will be charged to your payment method on a rolling basis unless it is cancelled by you before the subscription renewal date. Subscription fees apply for the time period selected and do not apply based on whether you use the subscription or not
- By subscribing to the app you agree that all related fees according to the subscription you select will be automatically billed each month or year or promotional period to the payment method you nominated during the purchase or order process
- Monthly: Subscription billing for a month will occur up front upon the free trial not being cancelled and continue each month thereafter until cancelled by you. You must cancel 24 hours before your subscription renewal to prevent being billed for a new billing period
- Annual: Subscription billing for a 12 month period will occur up front upon the free trial not being cancelled and continue each 12 month period thereafter until cancelled by you. Cancellation of your subscription within the 12 months you are subscribed will not result in any refund, but will cancel your renewal 12 months after you first subscribed. You must cancel 24 hours before your subscription renewal to prevent being billed for a new billing period
- TFC reserves the right to alter subscription fees and in this event will contact you to disclose fee/subscription changes
- TFC does not distribute refunds for misplaced purchases, unused subscriptions, ‘forgotten’ subscriptions, unforeseen medical conditions. If you believe someone has accessed your payment method and unlawfully purchased our products on your behalf, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must update your payment method or notify us of a new payment method otherwise TFC will assume the nominated payment method is correct and will continue to bill for subscription fees due as per the subscription.
- If subscription fees are not able to be processed from your nominated payment method TFC has the right to suspend your subscription until all fees due are paid and up to date
- You agree to pay all costs, including legal fees which are incurred by TFC in collecting unpaid fees
- Subscriptions will roll over to original ‘full priced’ monthly or yearly rates at the end of promotional periods, free trials, discounts or special offers unless specifically stated or unless the subscription is cancelled before the end of the promotional period
- ‘Free trial’ refers to a 14 day period where you have access to subscription features. Upon completion of this period you will automatically move onto paid subscription unless cancelled before the end of the 14 day period.
- Transactions are conducted via Stripe (web), Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to read and agree to the terms and conditions to your chosen payment gateway and are solely responsible for making the purchase, and that TFC is not liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of using Stripe, Apple or Google to make your purchase to TFC.
- All subscriptions, promotional offers and special offers are displayed in GBP
- If making a payment from abroad or any circumstance which results in payment with a different currency than GBP you agree that TFC is not liable for changes to exchange rates
- We recommend that you seek medical advice before starting any weight loss or nutritional programme. The information provided by The Fitness Chef is not medical advice or a substitute for medical treatment. You should not use The Fitness Chef if you are underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding, under the age of 18 without the permission of a parent or guardian, or have any medical condition which affects your dietary requirements. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree that The Fitness Chef is not responsible for any medical conditions that arise when using TFC products and services.
- By signing up you will have access to our service in the form of a mobile app available to download on the Apple App Store & Google Play store. For a limited time, expected to terminate in June 2024, you will also have access to our service in the form of a progressive web (PWA) at the web address: https://fitnesschef.uk
- To continue to access the app you must login and remain logged in. If you forget login information you can reset your password on the login screen. If you are having difficulty logging in please contact email@example.com
- You agree that from time to time we will carry out maintenance/improvements to the app and related products causing minor disruption. We will contact you via email if there is any significant disruption forecast for a period longer than 24 hours.
- By signing up to use the app you agree that you intend to use the app to access exclusive content and features, track, monitor, motivate, log and record progress to benefit your nutrition, fitness and general wellbeing
- The Fitness Chef App’s use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to any other app will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. Click here to view the Google API Service User Data Policy.
- Website transaction By beginning the free trial you are not purchasing our services. You will be required to enter payment details in preparation for paid subscription after the free trial ends. We are under no obligation to contact you to remind you that you will be charged monthly or yearly after the free trial ends. We may refuse to accept sign up for any reason (including if the service is not available, we cannot authorise payment, there has been a pricing or product description error, or if you are not eligible to sign up. Your offer is accepted by us and our contract is on going until you cancel it. Payments will be taken on the day of the month you signed up on a monthly or yearly basis until membership is cancelled by you. Once we have confirmed your sign up we will send email confirmation. We will be under a duty to supply you with the service you have ordered on an ongoing basis until cancelled by you. We are under no obligation to contact you to remind you that you will be automatically charged monthly or yearly after the free trial ends until you choose to cancel your subscription.
- ii) iOS/Google Play transaction: By beginning a free trial you are not purchasing our services. You will be required to have a payment method linked to an App Store on your device. We are under no obligation to contact you to remind you that you will be automatically charged monthly or yearly after the free trial ends until you choose to cancel membership via your iOS/Google device.
- If you signed up via https://fitnesschef.uk you can cancel your membership subscription at any time. Note that if you have access to the service offered for any time of a given month but choose to cancel membership, you will be charged in full for that month or year. If you wish to cancel your membership immediately after subscribing to our services, you will be charged in full for 1 month or 1 year. Emailing us expressing your wish to cancel your free trial or subscription without following steps to cancel does not constitute termination of your subscription.
- iOS/Google play: If you sign up via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store you need to cancel your subscription via your device settings. The Fitness Chef has no obligation to contact you about cancelling subscriptions via iOS or Google Play. Emailing us expressing your wish to cancel your free trial or subscription without following steps to cancel does not constitute termination of your subscription.
- If you sign up to a transaction related to a temporary promotional offer and do not cancel your subscription, depending on the nature of the offer, you will be automatically billed the standard ‘full’ subscription charge during the next billing period unless otherwise stated.
- Once you sign up to our online service you are free to cancel at any time. You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your complaint will be reviewed and a refund will be given if appropriate. You agree that there will be no grounds for refunds in any case unless the service cannot be used for a significant time whilst subscription is active. This includes i) the website/mobile app being inaccessible, ii) the website/app being unusable for a period longer than 3 days or iii) if previously cancelled subscription payments are taken in error.